Dr DYMKOU, Siarhei Michailovich, Research Scientist, email: email@example.com
Born in 1978 in Minsk, Belarus, received M.S. degree in mathematics and mechanics from Belarussian State University in 2000, M.S. degree in information technology from University of Ballarat (Australia) in 2003, PhD in natural science from RWTH Aachen University (Germany) in 2006. The thesis was devoted to modeling, optimization and optimal control of large scale pipeline networks.
Then I worked at University of Erlangen-Nurnberg (Germany, 2006-2008) and RWTH Aachen University (Germany, 2008-2009) on the cooperative scientific projects supported by the DFG (German Research Foundation) as a postdoctoral researcher before I have joined Temasek Laboratory in 2011.
Member of "Graduiertenkollegs RWTH Aachen" (Germany, since 2003)
Member of Pacific Optimization Research Activity Group (Australia, since 2001)
Member of Belarusian Mathematical Society (since 2000)
Postdoctoral researcher, University of Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany (2006-2008). The main objective of the project was the investigation of controllability and optimality issues for networks of gas flow. The gained insight is then applied to derive adapted numerical methods for simulation and optimization of real-world gas transportation networks (GTN).
Postdoctoral researcher, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2008- 2009). The project was devoted to development of constructive approach based tools for optimal control and optimization of GTN.
The area of my research interests includes dynamical systems theory, constructive methods of optimal control, fast algorithms for linear programming problems and networks, sensitivity analysis, feedback control, 2-D systems and repetitive processes.
My current focus is on design robust control problems in a context of multi-agent systems based on the collective behavior of decentralized and self-organized systems with respect to the environments uncertainties in framework of the general search - observation problems.
Abroad scholarship (MhD), University of Ballarat, Australia, (2001)
DFG scholarship (PhD), RWTH Aachen, Germany (2003)
// Articles in international peer reviewed journals //
1. Dymkov, M., Rogers, E., Dymkou, S. and Galkowski, K.(2008) Constrained Optimal Control Theory for Differential Linear Repetitive Processes. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 396-420.
2. Dymkou, S., Dymkov, M., Rogers, E. and Galkowski, K.,(2008) Optimal Control of Non-stationary Differential Linear Repetitive Processes. Integral Equations and Operator Theory, vol. 60, pp. 201-216.
3. Dymkov, M., Rogers, E., Galkowski, K. and Dymkou, S (2008), Optimal Control of Wave Linear Repetitive Processes, Systems and Control Letters Volume 57, Issue 11, November 2008, pp.940-945
4. S. Dymkou, G. Jank and T-P Azevedo Perdicou'lis (2007), Graph and 2-D systems approach in gas transport network modeling, in International Journal of Tomography and Statistics, Special Issue on Control Applications of Optimization - Applications of optimal control, robust control and stabilization, applications in industry, Vol. 6, pp. 21-27, 2007.
5. Dymkou S. (2002) A linear optimization problem for repetitive processes, Bull. of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Physics and Math. Series, 4, (2002), pp. 35-41(Russian).
6. Dymkou S. and Minchenko L. (2002) Suboptimality and differential properties of optimal solutions for repetitive control systems, Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 46, 3, (2002), pp.5-8 (Russian).
// Peer reviewed conference proceedings //
1. Dymkov, M., Rogers, E., Dymkou, S. and Galkowski, K., Constrained Optimal Control Theory for Differential Linear Repetitive Processes. Proceedings of 47-th IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control (CDC- 2008), Cancun, Mexico, December 9 - 11, 2008, pp. 263-268.
2. S. Dymkou, G. Leugering, (2008) Optimal control problem for the pipeline network model. International Conference "Differential Equations and Topology", Dedicated 100th Anniversary Academician L.S.Pontryagin, Moscow, June 17-22, Steklov Mathematical Institute of RAS and Moscow State University, ISBN 978-5-89407-334-7, Moscow:. MAKC Press, 2008.
3. S. Dymkou, G. Leugering, G Jank (2007) Repetitive Processes in Gas Transport Network Modeling, Proceedings of the NDS2007,ISBN 1-4244-1112-2, c 2007 IEEE, 6 pages, International Conference on Multidimensional (nD) systems, Aveiro, Portugal (NDS-2007)
4. S. Dymkou, G. Jank, T.P. Azevedo-Perdicoulis (2006), Graph and 2-D systems approach in gas transport network modeling. Proceedings of IFAC CAO'06, pp 165-171 April 26-28,2006 IFAC CAO'06, E.N.S, Cachan, France.
5. Dymkov M., Rogers E., Dymkou S., Galkowski K., Owens D.H. (2005) An approach to controllability and optimization problems for repetitive processes. Proceedings of the International Conference . Stability and Control Processes (SCP-2005). (Eds.: Petrosjan L.A. and Ovsyannikov D.A.). Saint-Petersburg University, Russia, vol. II, pp. 1504-1516. 2005.
6. S. Dymkou, G. Jank (2005), 2-D Control Theory in Gas Transport Network Modeling, Fourth International Workshop on Multidimensional Systems (NDS 2005). (Eds.: K Galkowski, A. Kummart, E.Rogers). Bergishe Universitet of Wuppertal, July 10-13, Germany, pp. 241 246, 2005.
7. S. Dymkou (2005). 2-D theory settings and correct discretization in the gas network simulation. Abstracts of the International Conference "Erugins Readings -X", Mogilev, Belarus, May 24-26, 2005, p.109-110.
8. Dymkou S., Jank G. (2004): Time optimal control problem for a class of linear differential-algebraic systems with delay (Sixteenth International Symposium on MTNS 2004, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium July 5-9, 2004)
9. Dymkou S., Dymkov M., Rogers E., Galkowski K., Owens D.H. (2003): Controllability and Optimization for Differential Linear Repetitive Processes. Proceedings of 42-th IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control (CDC- 2003), pp.604-609 . Hawai, USA, December 2-7, 2003.
10. Dymkou S., Rogers E., Dymkov M., Galkowski K., Owens D.H. (2003): Delay System Approach to Linear Differential Repetitive Processes: Controllability and optimization. CD Proceedings of the 4th IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems (TDS-2003), 6 pages, 8-10 September, 2003, France.
11. Dymkou S.(2002) Approximation of the optimal control problem with the nonsmooth state constraints, Industrial Optimization Symposium (WACEIO, Perth, Australia, September 30 - October 3, 2002)(Proceedings of the Symposium)
12. Dymkou, S., Rogers, E., Dymkov, M., Galkowski, K. and Owens, D. H. (2002): Optimal Control for a Class of Differential Linear Repetitive Processes, CD Rom Proceedings of International Symposium on Math. Theory of Networks and systems (MTNS-2002) , Indiana, USA, August, 12-16, 8 pages, 2002
13. Dymkou S. (2002) Robot Optimal Control in the Presence of State Constraints. Proceedings of the Ballarat University Conference, November 3, Victoria, Australia, 2002.
14. Dymkou S. and Minchenko L.(2002) Optimal control problem for multipass systems. Proceedings of Intern. Conf. "Erugins readings-VIII". Brest, Belarus, May 20-23, pp. 134-135.
15. Dymkou S. and Minchenko L. (2001) Optimization problem for repetitive control systems. Proceedings of Intern. Conf. "Analytic methods of analysis and differential equations" ("AMADE-2001"), February 15-19, Minsk, 2001, pp.113-114. (Russian).
// Proceedings of congress//
1. S. Dymkou, G. Leugering,(2007): Optimal Control for Networks of Gas-Pipelines, ICIAM 2007 Congress, Zurich, Switzerland (Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (PAMM) 7, 1061303-1061304 (2007)
2. Dymkou S. (2003), Approximations of the constrained nonsmooth optimal control problems and their applications for the robot planning motion. Proceedings of the 5th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2003), Sydney, Australia, July 7-11, p. 184, 2003
1. Dymkou S. (2006), PhD dissertation "Graph and 2D Optimization Theory and their application for discrete simulation of gas transportation networks and industrial processes with repetitive operations", 147 pages. RWTH Aachen University, Germany.
2. Dymkou S. (2003) MhD dissertation "Approximation for some classes of optimal control problems with state constraints and repetitive control systems", 125 pages. University of Ballarat, Australia.
3. Dymkou S. (2000) M.Sc. dissertation "Optimal feedback control in linear systems with terminal constraints", 35 pages, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus.