Dr ONG, Lay Teen, Senior Research Scientist, email: email@example.com,
Lay Teen joined Temasek Laboratories at the National University of Singapore in July 2009. Prior to this appointment, she worked as a Senior Research Engineer at Advanced Digital Institute, UK. Her contribution was in the area of signal processing for wireless communications.
Lay Teen read her PhD in wireless communications at Cardiff University in 2007, and received her MSc degree from the National University of Singapore, Singapore, in 1999; and her BSc (Hons) degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in June 1996.
During the period 1996 - 1999, she worked for Agilis Communication Technology Pte Ltd, Singapore, as a Senior Design Engineer in the RF& Microwave department. Her contribution was in the RF and Microwave transceivers design for VSAT used in satellite ground stations. Her specialisation was also in frequency converters and frequency synthesizers designs, and her completed projects include single-loop, multi-loop and fast switching synthesizers. She joined Nokia, UK, during 1999 - 2001, specialized in the development of sigma-delta fractional-N Synthesizer. From 2001 - 2003, she had moved on to Westica Ltd, UK, where she was involved in the design and development of point-to-point multi-rate radios. Her contribution was in the RF-baseband design and development of the 1.4GHz reconfigurable digital radios. Lay Teen started her PhD in March 2004 with the Centre for Digital Signal Processing and Research (CDSPR), King’s College London and continued her PhD research with Cardiff University. Her PhD thesis was on rate and power adaption techniques for wireless communication systems.
Her research interests include: digital beamforming, array signal processing, and signal processing for wireless communication systems, resource allocation and management for communication network, software radio and smart antennas.
List of current Publications Ong Lay Teen at TL@NUS
- L.T. Ong, "An Adaptive Beamformer Based on Adaptive Covariance Estimator". Progress in Electromagnetics Research M, vol 36, pp 149-160 May 2014.
Published Conference Papers
- L.T. Ong, 'Performance of vector-sensor antennas arrays for source localization in multipath environments' in IEEE International Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (2013) - Invited paper IEEE APWC 2014, Aug 2014.
- Sarankumar, B and L.T. Ong, "Phase Offset Estimation using Least Squares Ellipse Fitting technique". IEEE 7th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems, Gold Coast, Australia, Dec 2013
- L.T. Ong and B. Sarankumar, “QRD-based and SMI-based MVDR Beamforming for GNSS Software Receivers,” Institute of Navigation (ION) GNSS Conference, Sep 2013.
- L.T. Ong and P.K. Tan, “Active Receiving Antennas for Direction Finding,” Invited Paper – IEEE International Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications, IEEE APWC, Italy, Sep 2013.
- L.T. Ong, “An USRP-based interference canceller,” IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems, Singapore, Nov. 2012.
- L.T. Ong and P.K. Tan, “A VHF Active Receiving Loop Antenna Design,” IEEE International Conference on Wireless Information Technology and Systems, USA, Nov. 2012.
- L.T. Ong, “An interference cancellation scheme using a circular antenna array with a central element”, IEEE Signal Processing, Communications and Computing, Xian-China, Sep. 2011.
List of Publications Ong Lay Teen
(topic on Resource allocation and Management for wireless communications )
- (Journal) L.T. Ong, M. Shikh-Bahaei, and J. A. Chambers, “Variable rate and variable power MQAM system based on Bayesian bit error rate and channel estimation techniques," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 56, pp. 177-182, Feb. 2008.
- L.T. Ong and S. Lambotharan, “On the rate and power allocation for MIMO based integrated voice and data transmission”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Baltimore, Oct. 2007.
- L.T. Ong and S. Lambotharan, “Variable rate variable power MIMO system for integrated voice and data services”, IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems, Singapore, Oct. 2006.
- L.T. Ong, S. Lambotharan, J.A. Chambers and M. Shikh-Bahaei, "Performance of Bayesian Estimation based variable rate variable power MQAM system ,” IEEE Int. Symp. on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Finland, Sep. 2006.
- L.T. Ong, M. Shikh-Bahaei, J. A. Chambers and S. Lambotharan, “Performance of variable rate and variable power MQAM system based on bit error rate and channel estimates," International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems, China, ICCCAS06, Jun. 2006.
- L.T. Ong, A. Olfat and M. Shikh-Bahaei, “Joint SNR target and rate adaptation based on bit error rate estimation," IEEE Int. Symp. Wireless Communicaion Systems, ISWCS, Siena, Sep. 2005.